Whew! After a long trip across the ocean, I have finally arrived in Siena, Italy! I'm a little sore from being cramped up and tossed around with the mail over the last month, but at least I was wearing my comfy travel clothes (thanks Karleigh!).
Justin and Becky (the friends I will be staying with) have a small apartment just outside the historic center of Siena. It is nice and close to everything - book stores, toy stores, markets and of course lots and lots of delicious restaurants! I'm sure we will have many fun and exciting adventures over the next few months, but for now I think I'm going to relax a bit and try to learn some Italian. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to teach everyone in Mrs. Simpson's class some cool Italian words and phrases!
Until my next adventure, this is Flat Stanley saying, "Ciao amici!" (that means "Bye friends!" in Italian - see, you're learning new words already!)
No comments:
Post a Comment